While I emphasize to be detailed and to take enough time – I understand some people will be in a hurry to get at least something out there on LinkedIn. If I would be in an emergency situation – the following steps are shortcut guide to LinkedIn Profile Success. All of these steps are discussed in full detail in other chapters. So, if you need more detailed information, please take a look at the long version of each tip first.
Note: If you already went through all other chapters in detail you can skip this one.
1) Choose a great profile photo
2) Write a great headline / Job Title
3) Make the summary work for you
4) Treat Your Profile like your Resume
5) Show your achievements
6) Don’t show that you’re unemployed
7) Add Projects, Volunteer Experiences, Slides, or Languages
8) Ask for Recommendations
9) Update Your Status
10) Build your network by adding connections
11) Pick the right keywords for your profile to be found
Please understand that this is really just a quick start guide without any real detail. If you need to rush your LinkedIn profile, then work on these items first and then expand into all the other areas.